1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Add sugar and flour and mix until
you have a smooth and elastic dough.
3. Cover with plastic and let rise for 45
4. Heat oven to 475ºF.
5. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
6. Add baking soda, and stir until the
soda is dissolved.
7. Cut the dough into
20 pieces, and roll each piece into a
8. Roll each sausage into
a snail shape. The pretzels should look
like two buns meeting in the middle.
9. Place them one at a time in the water,
and let them cook for 10 seconds on
10. Take them out and place
them on a parchment paper–lined
baking sheet. 11. Sprinkle with salt.
12. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until
13. Cool on a wire rack.