Fish & Avocado Tortillas
These are my favorite. I use cod, but you can use any form
white fish you want.
1. 3 lbs cod filet
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 avocado, sliced
12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
juice from 1 lime
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Rub the cod with chili flakes,
salt, and olive oil.
3. Place in an ovenproof dish and bake for
12 to 15 minutes, or until the flakes start falling apart.
the tortillas with lettuce, cod, avocado, tomatoes, tomatillo
salsa, lime juice, and cilantro.
Pulled Pork with Pickled Onion
This is the perfect finger food. Or just make them into
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 cup white wine vinegar
2 teaspoon salt
4 lbs pork shoulder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cumin
4 teaspoon all spice
2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon oregano
2 cup orange juice
4 cup white wine vinegar
sour cream, for serving
1. Place onion, vinegar, and salt in a small saucepan and
bring to a boil.
2. Let the mixture boil for 1 minute, remove
from heat, and let the mixture sit for 4 hours.
3. Heat oven to
4. Rub the pork shoulder with all the spices and place
it in a large ovenproof dish.
5. Pour orange juice and vinegar
over the shoulder, and cover with foil.
6. Bake for 3 hours or
until the meat falls apart.
7. Pull the meat apart and place it in
a bowl. Add some of the cooking liquid.
*Serve with the onion, on mini tortillas, with tomatillo salsa
and sour cream.
Nothing beats a velvety-golden flan. Serve it with some
4 cup sugar
2 cup sweet condensed milk
2 cups full fat milk
5 large eggs
2 vanilla bean
8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place the sugar in a small
saucepan and let it melt on medium heat.
3. Pour into
a 9-inch round pie dish.
4. In a large bowl stir together
condensed milk, milk, eggs, vanilla, and salt.
5. Pour into the
6. Fill the pie dish with warm water until it’s
7. Cover with foil.
8. Bake for about 1 to
4 hours. The flan
should be firm while still a little wiggly.
9. Let cool. Loosen the
edges with a shape knife and turn it onto a platter.
*Serve with whipped cream.