Avocado with Toast, Lemon, & Chili
This is my go-to dish when I need a snack. It’s easy, tasty, and
2 ripe avocados
8 slices of good bread, toasted
1 lemon, in wedges
Avocado & Corn Soup
Serve this soup chilled, it has lots of awesome flavor.
2 tablespoons olive oil
fresh corn from 2 cobs
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
4 cups vegetable stock
2 ripe avocados, chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and gently peel
of the skin.
2. Cut into wedges.
3. Place the toast on plates,
add avocado, and sprinkle with salt and chili.
4. Drizzle with
lemon juice and olive oil and serve.
Beer Deep-Fried Avocado
I know, sounds like overkill, but you just wait and taste…
3 ripe avocados
3 cup beer
1 cup plain flour
vegetable oil, for frying
1. Heat the oil in a large pot.
2. Sauté corn, onion, and garlic
until the onion goes soft.
3. Remove 4 tablespoons of the
mixture, set aside.
4. Add stock and let the soup simmer for
5. Remove from the heat and cool.
6. Place the
soup, avocados, and lime juice in a blender and blend until
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Chill and serve in
bowl with the extra corn and some chopped avocado.
1. Peel the avocados and cut them in 4 pieces.
2. In a large
bowl mix together beer and flour until it becomes a smooth
3. Heat the oil to 365ºF in a large pot.
4. Working in
batches, toss two avocado wedges in the batter at a time,
and then put them into the pot.
5. Fry them, turning once, for
about 1 to 2 minutes. They should be golden.
6. Transfer with
a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
7. Sprinkle with salt.
*Serve while warm.
Pasta with Lobster, Capers, & Avocado
If you think lobster is too much of a luxury, you can change it
cooked meat from 1 lobster, coarsely chopped
4 cup olive oil
juice from 1 lemon
3 tablespoon capers
2 ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
1 tablespoon dill
grated zest from 1 lemon
1 pound pasta, any kind
salt to taste
1. Mix together lobster, oil, lemon juice, capers, avocado,
dill, and lemon zest in a large bowl.
2. Cook pasta al dente in
salted water. Drain and add to the bowl.
3. Toss well