Mexican Crab Soup
This is such a great soup, and easy to make. You can even
make it a day in advance.
1 cup tomato juice
4 cup clam juice
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon Tabasco
salt to taste
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
14 oz fresh crab meat
8 cooked and cleaned shrimps
12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
red chili flakes
1. In a large bowl mix together tomato juice, clam juice, lime
juice, and Tabasco.
2. Season with salt.
3. Add onion, crab
meat, shrimps, and tomatoes.
4. Chill and serve with a
sprinkling of red chii flakes.
I promise you that these are awesome, and nothing like
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, in cubes
4 cup water
1. In a large bowl mix flour and salt.
2. Add the butter and
use your hands to work it into the flour. The result should be
a very coarse mixture.
3. Add water and knead the dough
together. If it seems too dry, just add some more water.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 1
5. Cut the dough into 12 pieces, and roll each piece
out to a round tortilla.
6. Cook in a dry skillet over high heat,
about 40 seconds on each side.
7. Keep warm in a towel.
*Serve and enjoy while warm.
This fiery salsa takes food to a new level.
Makes 2 cups
2 lbs tomatillos, cleaned and coarsely chopped
4 serrano chilies, coarsely chopped
3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
2 cup chopped cilantro
1 small yellow onion, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until
they’re a smooth salsa.
*Keeps in the fridge for 5 to 6 days.
Chilaquiles with Chicken
A great salad, perfect for lunch.
2 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tortillas, sliced into strips
4 tablespoons corn oil
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
tomatillo salsa (see recipe)
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Rub the chicken with chili
flakes, salt, and olive oil.
3. Place in an ovenproof dish and
bake for 15 minutes.
4. Take out the breasts and let them rest
for 10 minutes.
5. Pull the meat apart and place in a bowl.
6. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tortilla strips until crispy.
7. Add the strips to a bowl with the feta, lettuce, and chicken.
*Serve with tomatillo salsa and lime.