Sautéed Asparagus with Crisp Prosciutto
3 slices prosciutto
2 lb asparagus, washed and trimmed
glug of olive oil
kosher salt & black pepper, to taste
1. At least an hour before serving, cut the root and stem end
from each citrus, stand on end and using a paring knife, cut away
the peel and pith working from top to bottom. Turn citrus on its
side and slice into thin rings.
2. In a small bowl combine orange
juice, Grand Marnier, and 2 tablespoons of the honey.
citrus rings in a bowl and drizzle with Grand Marnier mixture.
Toss gently to coat.
4. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour
citrus rings on a platter, drizzle with remaining tablespoon of
honey and sprinkle with pistachios.
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add prosciutto
to pan and cook until crisp.
3. Transfer to a plate, and cool for 5
4. Crumble, using your fingers.
5. Increase heat to high.
6. Add some oil to the skillet.
7. Working in two batches, sauté
asparagus until crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes per batch.
each batch generously with salt and pepper.
9. Transfer to a
platter and sprinkle with prosciutto.
1 cup unsalted, shelled pistachios
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons superfine sugar
fine sea salt, for sprinkling
Warm Lemon & Shallot Potato Salad
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine
pistachios, honey, and sugar.
3. Spread on a rimmed baking
sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Roast for 10 minutes,
stir, and roast for 3 to 5 minutes more, checking frequently to
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt.
Allow to cool to room temperature before serving
1 large shallot, finely diced
zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 lbs baby new potatoes
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine shallots, zest, and olive
oil in a small bowl.
3. Rinse potatoes and pat dry. Arrange on a
parchment lined, rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
5. Roast for 25 minutes and remove from oven.
6. Drizzle shallot
mixture over potatoes and toss to coat.
7. Return to oven and
roast 10 minutes more or until potatoes are easily pierced with a
8. Remove from oven.
9. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Marinated Citrus Salad with Honeyed Pistachios
Serves 6 to 8
Smoked Salmon Platter with Dilled Chèvre Spread
Serves 6 to 8
8 oz smoked salmon
Quick Pickled Radishes
½ red onion, thinly sliced
quick pickled radishes (recipe below)
dilled chèvre spread (recipe below)
5 medium-sized radishes, thinly sliced
2 cups distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
5 black peppercorns
1. Combine all ingredients in a large screw-top jar.
for at least 3 hours, shaking once or twice.
6 to 8 assorted citrus fruits (oranges, tangelos,
¼ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
3 tablespoons honey, divided
¼ cup honeyed pistachios (recipe below), chopped
Dilled Chèvre Spread
8 oz goat cheese
¼ cup half and half cream
3 tablespoons chopped dill
1. Place goat cheese in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until
2. With the blade running slowly, drizzle in the cream.
3. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chopped dill.