1 cup warm milk
salt & pepper, to taste
8 thick slices of good bread
8 slices ham
4 oz grated Gruyère cheese
4 fried eggs, sunny side up
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Melt the butter in a small pan and
add the flour.
3. Stir for about a minute, but don’t let the flour go
4. Add the milk, a little at a time, stirring until you have
a smooth sauce. If it’s too thick, just add some more milk.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place 4 slices of bread on a
baking tray covered with parchment paper.
7. Add some sauce,
ham, cheese, and another piece of bread.
8. Bake in the oven
Serve hot with a fried egg on top.
Pizza with Duck Egg & Pancetta
This pizza is amazing. A little honey in the dough makes the pizza
Makes 4 small pizzas, serves 4
1 cup luke-warm water
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon dry yeast
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 oz grated asiago
20 thin slices of pancetta
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 duck eggs
a few salad leaves
1. In a bowl mix water, honey, and yeast.
2. Leave it for 5 minutes
so that the yeast starts to work.
3. Add flour, salt, and oil.
4. Work the dough well together.
5. Cover with plastic and let
it rise for 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 450°F
7. Divide the dough
into 4 pieces.
8. On a baking tray, press the dough out with your
fingers to form a large pizza.
9. Add asiago, pancetta, and olive
10. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
11. Bake for about
4 minutes, take it out, and crack an egg in the middle of each
12. Bake again, until the egg is set, around 3 to 4 minutes.
13. Take it out, add salad, and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Egg & Potato Pie
This is a great all-in-one-pot kind of dish. It is great for brunch,
especially when paired with a nice red wine.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 onions, finely chopped
2 scallions, thinly sliced
salt & pepper, to taste
2 large sheets puff pastry
1 large potato, thinly sliced
2 oz prosciutto
1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 360°F.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a large
pan and sauté onions and scallions until soft.
3. Season with
salt and pepper.
4. Roll out the puff pastry so that it covers an
ovenproof dish. You might have to use two sheets.
5. Use a little
plain flour so the pastry does not stick to the surface.
onions, potato, prosciutto, and thyme in the dish.
7. Crack the
eggs and place on top.
8. Make some strips of the leftover pastry
and place on top.
9. Bake until golden and crispy, about 45 to 60