Lamb Chops & Lemon with Spring Salad
Not much beats the taste of a good lamb chop. I like it really
simple with just salt, pepper, and some lemon. Why hide
12 to 16 lamb chops
salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
2 cups arugula
8 radishes, sliced
glug of olive oil
1. Rub the lamb with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the butter and oil in
a pan and fry the chops (about 1 minute on each side for medium
done and a little longer for medium-well done).
3. Pour the lemon
juice over the meat.
4. Place the chops on a platter and drizzle
with some of the remaining juice from the pan.
5. For the salad,
mix arugula and radishes and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Serve salad with the lamb chops.
Mint Cucumber Lime Crush
A really fresh and fun cocktail.
juice of 3 limes
1 cup simple syrup
4 cup white rum
2 limes, thinly sliced
3 cucumber, thinly sliced
fresh mint leaves
1. In a large pitcher or jar mix lime juice, simple syrup, rum, lime,
cucumber, mint, and ice.
Serve in glasses topped off with club soda.
Lemon & Almond Tart
This crust is divine. It’s almond-y, and sweet, and perfect with
the sour lemon curd.
1 cup almond meal
2 cups plain flour
3 cup sugar
4 sticks salted butter, cold and in pieces
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
5 large egg yolks
4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
2 cup lemon juice
4 stick salted butter, cold and in pieces
candied lemon, optional
1. Place almond meal, flour, and sugar in a bowl and mix.
the butter and work it into the flour with your fingers. The result
should be grainy.
3. Add egg and lemon zest and quickly work
the dough together. If it seems dry, just add a few tablespoons of
4. Wrap the dough in plastic and let it rest in the fridge
for at least 1 hour.
5. After an hour, preheat the oven to 375°F.
6. Take out the dough and roll it out to a thin crust.
7. Place in
a greased pie tin.
8. Use a fork to prick the bottom.
9. Bake for
about 15 minutes or until golden.
10. Cool on a wire rack.
11. Beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and creamy.
over a hot water bath and add zest, lemon juice, and butter.
13. Beat mixture until it becomes thick and creamy.
14. Pour into
the pie crust and cool until serving.