1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. Rub chicken well with olive oil.
3. Lift up the breast skin gently and place a bunch of basil in
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Place in an
oven-proof dish with potatoes and garlic.
6. Fill the cavity of
the chicken with two lemon halts.
7. Squeeze the remaining
lemon over the chicken and drizzle with olive oil.
8. Roast for
20 minutes, take it out and baste it and put it back in at 350ºF
for about another 45 minutes.
9. Let the chicken rest for 10
minutes before serving.
I just love warm plums. Serve this dish à la mode.
2 large plums
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons sugar
ice cream for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Cut the plums in half and discard
3. Place in an oven proof dish and top with lemon
juice and sugar.
4. Bake for 12 minutes.
5. Serve warm with
the liquid that forms in the dish and ice cream.
My all time favorite summer cocktail.
1 part Pimm’s
1 part orange juice
2 parts ginger ale
2 strawberries, hulled and cut in half
1 lemon slice
1 cucumber slice
1. Fill a large glass with ice and add the rest of the ingredients.
1. Print out your guests names on your home printer.
out the names and fasten them to old black-and-white photos
using a paper clip.
I love to use only one kind of flower when I entertain.
I feel that the statement is stronger that way.
I’m also a true believer in using what you have, so all the
vases on the table are simple old bottles.