SWEET PAUL Soda Fountain Recipes
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup cold butter, in pieces
4 cup iced water
2 pounds cherries, pitted
2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 egg, beaten with 1
1. In a food processor, combine flour,
salt, sugar and butter.
2. Pulse until
3. Add water and pulse until it
4. Wrap in plastic and
place in the fridge for 1 hour.
it is cool, cut the mixture in half.
out on a lightly floured surface.
in a 9-inch pie plate.
8. Cut off any
9. Preheat the oven to
10. In a large bowl toss cherries,
sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
11. Fill the pie crust with the mixture.
12. Roll out the rest of the dough and
2 inch strips.
strips over filling. Press to seal on the
edges. Brush lattice with egg wash.
Bake until filling is bubbling and crust
golden, about 40 minutes.
15. Cool on a
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
3 cups milk
4 scoops chocolate ice cream
dark chocolate shavings
1. Place vanilla ice cream and 2 cups of
milk in a blender and run until smooth.
2. Pour into tall glasses, leaving about
one third of the glass empty.
in the freezer for 15 minutes.
chocolate ice cream and 1 cup of milk
and pour over the vanilla mixture.
5. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings