1. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium
2. Add parsnips, apple, and onion and sauté for 6
to 8 minutes or until slightly softened.
3. Add garlic and cook
5 minutes more.
4. Add broth and bring to a boil.
to a simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until everything
6. Transfer to a blender or food processor, add
cream and salt, and purée until smooth. Return to clean pot
and keep warm.
7. Preheat oven to 400°F.
8. Stir together
pepitas, curry powder, and remaining olive oil to coat.
9. Spread out on a sheet pan and toast for 6 to 10 minutes or
10. Drain briefly on a paper towel and sprinkle
over soup to garnish.