1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, cornmeal,
and salt, and pulse to combine.
2. Add cold butter and pulse
a few times until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
Slowly add ice water and pulse just until a ball of dough
4. Flatten to a
1⁄2-inch disc, wrap in plastic, and
refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to
6. Roll dough to
1⁄16-inch thick between two pieces
7. Cut out 2-inch circles with round cookie
cutters and carefully press into fluted tart molds.
and roll out scraps until all dough is used, refrigerating for 10
minutes if dough becomes too soft to work with.
9. Pierce the
bottom a few times with a fork and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
10. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is light golden
11. Cool 10 minutes in shell and then remove to cool
completely on wire rack.
12. Heat remaining butter and olive
oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
13. Add rock
shrimp and cook 5 minutes or until they begin to turn pink.
14. Add green onion and sauté 2 minutes more.
from heat and stir in cheese and pepper until melted and
16. Spoon a few shrimp and sauce into each tart
shell and garnish with red pepper flakes if desired.