1. In a large sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over
2. Add shallot and garlic and cook until
softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
3. Pat livers dry and
add to pan. Sauté until browned, about 4 to 6 minutes.
in salt, pepper, and spices and cook 1 minute.
5. Add cognac
and cook over high heat until almost all absorbed for about
2 to 3 minutes.
6. Transfer to a food processor and run until
smooth, adding remaining butter 1 tablespoon at a time, until
7. Transfer mixture to a bowl and cover with
8. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
9. Preheat oven to 400°F.
10. Toss grapes and olive oil
together to coat and spread out on a sheet pan.
for 25 minutes, shaking and smashing lightly with a fork or
potato masher halfway through roasting.
*Let stand 15 minutes before serving with baguette or
crackers and side dish of roasted grapes.