2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
4 lamb shanks
salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 teaspoon cumin
1 cup red wine
3 cups beef stock
1 tablespoon tomato purée
2 teaspoon sugar
1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
2. Melt oil and butter in a large pan.
3. Rub the
shanks well with salt and pepper.
4. Brown on all sides in the pan.
Take out the chops and add onion and garlic to the pan.
6. Sauté until
the garlic is soft.
7. Add bay leaf, cumin, red wine, stock, tomato purée,
8. Stir well and add the shanks.
9. Put on a lid and place in
the oven for
10. Take them out and let it cool.
11. Pull the
meat off the bone and add the meat to the sauce.
12. Put the mixture
into small pie pans.
13. Roll out the puff pastry and top each pie with it.
14. Cut out hears and place on top.
15. Bake at 375ºF until golden.