Melina sent me a few emails telling me how right she was for Sweet
Paul. After checking out her work I had to agree with her. There is
a sense of quirkiness and fun in her work that I really like. And of
course when you are a really nice person, well then you can’t go
wrong with me.
My Famous (& Sinful) Kahlúa Chocolate Mousse
“I have had this recipe for years and it consistently proves to be an incredible
success. The recipe is included amongst others as part of an old ad for Kahlúa,
from the pages of Gourmet magazine in 1985!”
1 lb dark chocolate, cut into pieces
3 oz butter, cut into pieces
2 cup sifted powdered sugar
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
4 cup Kahlúa
1 teaspoon coffee powder
2 cups whipping cream
1. Melt chocolate and butter on top of double boiler set over simmering water.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, yolks, Kahlúa, and coffee.
3. Blend chocolate
mixture into this.
4. In another bowl, whip cream until stiff.
5. Gently fold into
chocolate mixture and blend well.
6. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
7. Fold into chocolate cream.
8. Refrigerate overnight.
*Serve in goblets or bowls, as shown.